Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Wed April 3, 2013
It’s been less than 20 years since cell phones became ubiquitous and children of the 90s have never known a world without them. Now, as those children come to age, we’re witnessing the startling confluence of technology and sexual awakening. The results have been children becoming not just the victims, but also the perpetuators of sexual exploitation--some even becoming convicted sex offenders. We take a look at the complicated world of children sexting with Haleigh Harrold, Education and outreach specialists for the Metropolitan Organization to Counter Sexual Assault and officer Tom Hayselden, a School Resource Officer for the Shawnee Mission school district.