Most Active Stories
- Historians Recommend The Best 20 Books About Kansas City
- Report: Medicaid Expansion In Missouri Would Yield Up to $100M In Annual Savings
- First-Ever National Coal Ash Regs Disappoint Missouri Environmentalists
- School Closings In The Kansas City Metro For January 7
- LISTEN: Kansas City Poet Stanley Banks On Driving While Black
Mon January 30, 2012
Servers Tell All: Mark Manning
Ordering a meal at a restaurant can be a very different transaction depending on whether you're sitting at the table or standing with a notepad. A recent event at The Writer's Place turned the tables on restaurant diners and opened the microphone for waiters around town to tell stories from their perspective.
The host and organizer of I'll Be Your Server Tonight was David Hayden. Besides being a server for more than 15 years, David Hayden is also a writer, and maintains a whole network of blogs – including Restaurant Laughs and Tips Squared: Tips for Improving your Tips.
We'll be bringing you some of the stories from I'll Be Your Server Tonight over the next couple of weeks on KC Currents, and the first is Mark Manning's story of growing up in the restaurant industry: The Customer is Always ...