Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Tue August 5, 2008
Senator Dole Hosts Forum Featuring Regional Health Experts
Bob Dole says he's on a mission to improve the nation's health care system.
Dole: My view is it's the most important problem. One day you're going to have to deal with it. And it's like this 47 million uninsured, we really gotta figure out some way to help.
The former Kansas Senator visited his namesake, the Dole Institute of Politics yesterday, to hear from Kansans about the area's current health care problems and about what they think should be done to fix them. KCUR's Elana Gordon reports.
Funding for health care coverage on KCUR has been provided by the Health Care Foundation of Greater Kansas City.
Download recent health stories or subscribe to the KCUR Health Podcast">KCUR Health Podcast