Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Food Critics: Best Sausage In And Around Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Thu May 13, 2010
Sculptures Influenced by Nature at Powell Gardens
In recent years, visitors to Powell Gardens, the 930-acre botanical garden east of Kansas City, have encountered stone sculptures from Zimbabwe, and 30 foot dinosaurs - or explored tree houses and mazes.
By Laura Spencer
Kansas City, MO – In one of this year's outdoor exhibitions, artist Lyman Whitaker's copper blade sculptures turn with the wind. KCUR's Laura Spencer reports.
Wind Sculpture by Lyman Whitaker
April 1-May 31
Dave Rogers' Big Bugs
May 29-October 3, 2010