Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Thu February 7, 2013
'The Science of Consequences'
In the course of a day you make lots of decisions and each one has a consequence. Sometimes very trivial, other times the consequence may be profound. Today on Central Standard, we look into the subject of the science of consequences with Susan Schneider, author of The Science of Consequences: How They Affect Genes, Change the Brain, and Impact Our World.
We look at negative and positive outcomes to our behavior and see how “enriched environments” may be able to reverse damage to the brain. Find out how our gene pool isn’t unlike that of a yeast, a single cell amoeba, mice or even a banana. We also learn about how the consequences relate parenting, marriage, work relationships and addiction among other things.