Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Marathon Jackson County Spelling Bee Finally Ends
Thu February 7, 2013
'The Science of Consequences'
In the course of a day you make lots of decisions and each one has a consequence. Sometimes very trivial, other times the consequence may be profound. Today on Central Standard, we look into the subject of the science of consequences with Susan Schneider, author of The Science of Consequences: How They Affect Genes, Change the Brain, and Impact Our World.
We look at negative and positive outcomes to our behavior and see how “enriched environments” may be able to reverse damage to the brain. Find out how our gene pool isn’t unlike that of a yeast, a single cell amoeba, mice or even a banana. We also learn about how the consequences relate parenting, marriage, work relationships and addiction among other things.