Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Tue September 11, 2012
The Scent Of Scandal
Light, vibrant or dark, this exotic and elegant beauty is among the world's most popular flowers.
This Tuesday’s Central Standard is all about Orchids.
During the first half of the show, Tampa Bay Times writer Craig Pittman takes us on a journey as he talks about his book "Scent of Scandal: Greed, Betrayal and the World's Most Beautiful Orchid."
The are more than 20,000 species of Orchids around the world. But it was the endangered, beloved and valuable Slipper Orchid that became the center of international controversy.
Then later in the hour, we’ll talk with David Bird of Bird's Botanicals about his local underground flower oasis. Hear how a passion for plants spawned into a business of thousands of cave-dwelling Orchids.
SLIDESHOW: INSIDE THE CAVE
Photos by Bird's Botanicals