Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Wed March 4, 2009
Savvy Traveler Rudy Maxa
It's an excellent time to travel. Deals are everywhere. Fewer people are traveling, creating great deals at hotels and airlines.
By Up to Date, March 4, 2009
Kansas City , Mo. – Rudy Maxa, known to millions of public radio listeners as "The Savvy Traveler" talks with Up to Date host Steve Kraske about international travel deals in this down economy.
We look at various ways to save money when traveling abroad, including airfare and hotel bargains, which countries have favorable exchange rates, and how the downturn in the economy can mean deals for anyone who is looking for a vacation.
Rudy Maxa is an award-winning writer and contributing editor with National Geographic Traveler magazine and one of America's premier consumer travel broadcasters on public radio and television.