Most Active Stories
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Where Are The Best Places To Dine Outside In The KC Area?
- New President And CEO For The National World War I Museum
- Overland Park Mosque Plans Big Expansion
- Missouri House Votes To Repeal Mandatory Motorcycle Helmet Law
Wed March 4, 2009
Savvy Traveler Rudy Maxa
It's an excellent time to travel. Deals are everywhere. Fewer people are traveling, creating great deals at hotels and airlines.
By Up to Date, March 4, 2009
Kansas City , Mo. – Rudy Maxa, known to millions of public radio listeners as "The Savvy Traveler" talks with Up to Date host Steve Kraske about international travel deals in this down economy.
We look at various ways to save money when traveling abroad, including airfare and hotel bargains, which countries have favorable exchange rates, and how the downturn in the economy can mean deals for anyone who is looking for a vacation.
Rudy Maxa is an award-winning writer and contributing editor with National Geographic Traveler magazine and one of America's premier consumer travel broadcasters on public radio and television.