Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
- KCUR Announces New Host For Daily Talk Show 'Central Standard'
Thu June 7, 2012
Sanders Presents Regional Transit Plan
The train network would run along I-70, US-71, and Route 291.
“Now with that, what we want to be able to do is utilize the existing rail corridors. Put those together and then package that in terms of the commuter transit corridors,” said Sanders.
Sanders said there are no absolute figures regarding cost due to ongoing negotiation with railroad companies but assured that they would be competitive with any other US city.
Sanders hopes to finish negotiations by fall after which the proposal will be taken to the voters. If passed, Sanders will begin lobbying for federal funding.