Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Thu June 7, 2012
Sanders Presents Regional Transit Plan
The train network would run along I-70, US-71, and Route 291.
“Now with that, what we want to be able to do is utilize the existing rail corridors. Put those together and then package that in terms of the commuter transit corridors,” said Sanders.
Sanders said there are no absolute figures regarding cost due to ongoing negotiation with railroad companies but assured that they would be competitive with any other US city.
Sanders hopes to finish negotiations by fall after which the proposal will be taken to the voters. If passed, Sanders will begin lobbying for federal funding.