Most Active Stories
- Portraits And Party Scenes From Kansas City's Drag Ball Culture Revealed
- Blue Valley High Lost A 'Star In The Making'
- Music In The '90s: Was There A 'KC Sound'?
- Preschool Trauma Program In Kansas City Getting National Attention
- Kansas City Grocer's Hand-Painted Signs Are A Lost Art In The Modern Age
Thu June 7, 2012
Sanders Presents Regional Transit Plan
The train network would run along I-70, US-71, and Route 291.
“Now with that, what we want to be able to do is utilize the existing rail corridors. Put those together and then package that in terms of the commuter transit corridors,” said Sanders.
Sanders said there are no absolute figures regarding cost due to ongoing negotiation with railroad companies but assured that they would be competitive with any other US city.
Sanders hopes to finish negotiations by fall after which the proposal will be taken to the voters. If passed, Sanders will begin lobbying for federal funding.