Most Active Stories
- Missouri Creates Unique Medical Classification: Assistant Physician
- What Would A Sprint, T-Mobile Merger Mean For Kansas City?
- Food Critics: Where To Find The Best Slice Of Pizza In Kansas City
- Food Critics: The Best Happy Hour In Kansas City
- Here's What You Need To Know About KCPS-Academie Lafayette Plan
Thu March 6, 2014
The Rise Of Craft Brewing In Kansas City
One might assume that with such well known craft beers available from brewers like Boulevard Brewing Company in Kansas City, Mo., and Free State Brewing Company in Lawrence, Kan., there would be little room for other competition. But, craft brewing is on the rise in Kansas City, with many new microbreweries opening in the past year.
On Thursday's Central Standard host Brian Ellison looks at what is behind the Kansas City craft brewing trend and what the future looks like for these entrepreneurial ventures.
- Chuck Magerl, founder, Free State Brewing Company
- Bryce Schaffter, founder, Cinder Block Brewing Company
- Bob Sullivan Jr., author of Hometown Beer - A History of Kansas City's Breweries; former executive at Boulevard Brewing Co.
Business & Tech