Most Active Stories
- Blue Valley High Lost A 'Star In The Making'
- Portraits And Party Scenes From Kansas City's Drag Ball Culture Revealed
- Music In The '90s: Was There A 'KC Sound'?
- Preschool Trauma Program In Kansas City Getting National Attention
- Kansas City Grocer's Hand-Painted Signs Are A Lost Art In The Modern Age
Up To Date
Tue August 21, 2012
Rep. Todd Akin Under Pressure To Drop Out
Amid a firestorm of criticism for his remarks about rape, Missouri Congressman Todd Akin refuses to withdraw from the race for U.S. Senator.
Update 3:15pm: The Associated Press reports that Mitt Romney says Akin should exit the Senate race.
As supporters and fellow Republicans distance themselves from the conservative candidate, Akin vows to continue his campaign to unseat Sen. Claire McCaskill.
In the second part of today's program, Kansas City Star reporter Dave Helling joins Steve Kraske to examine Akin's chances of political survival. They look at other controversial statements made by Rep. Akin, what a withdrawal would mean to Sen. McCaskill, and how and who the state Republican Committee would pick to replace Akin in the event he bows out of the race.