Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Thu November 19, 2009
Renovations at Quality Hill Change Experience for Actors and Audience
There are old theaters in Kansas City - some on the National Register of Historic Places - that cannot be toyed with, regardless of any shift in audiences' tastes or the need for modern conveniences. There are newer spaces, though, where theater directors can assess all the plusses and minuses of a venue, and do something about it. Quality Hill Playhouse is one such space.
By Steve Walker
Kansas City, MO – Earlier this year, the second of three phases of renovations and upgrades at the Quality Hill Playhouse was completed, resulting in changes that are affecting both the physical and artistic dimensions of what audiences will experience.