Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Food Critics: Best Sausage In And Around Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Up To Date
Fri August 31, 2012
Religion Roundtable: Weddings
Whether as participant or observer, sooner or later we all go to a wedding. And whether under a mandap or chuppah, at the altar or in the parsonage, ceremonies in any faith are marked by one common denominator: a couple embarking on a life together.
On Friday's program the Religion Roundtable returns to Up to Date for a look at the wedding ceremonies and traditions of different faiths. Joining guest host and Presbyterian minister Brian Ellison are representatives from area Catholic, Jewish and Hindu congregations to guide us through the practices and customs at the heart of their wedding rites. We also ask them to share some of the more memorable weddings they've participated in.
We'd like to hear your experiences of weddings in a faith not your own or not represented by our panel. Call us at 816.235.2888 during the broadcast.