Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Food Critics: Best Sausage In And Around Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Mon August 15, 2011
Region Loses Pioneer in Community Mental Health
By Elana Gordon
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Kansas City lost a leader in mental health last week, with the unexpected passing of William H. Kyles. For decades, Kyles worked to improve care for the most vulnerable in this region and beyond. KCUR's Elana Gordon brings us this profile.
Hear William Kyles on KCUR's Up to Date last February here.
Funding for health care coverage on KCUR has been provided by the Health Care Foundation of Greater Kansas City.
Download recent health stories or subscribe to the KCUR Health Podcast.