Thu May 3, 2012
Regina Brett Follow-Up: Ten Commandments for Radio
On Wednesday's Central Standard, we were joined by fellow radio host Regina Brett, of The Regina Brett Show at WKSU in Ohio. While Regina was there to talk about her book, Be the Miracle: 50 Lessons for Making the Impossible Possible, she and Jabulani of course had to talk shop. Regina mentioned her 10 Commandments of Radio and of course she was kind enough to pass it along.
Ever wanted to know what radio hosts are thinking? Well, honestly we're thinking about you. Here's Regina's top ten rules for radio:
- Be interesting. Surprise people.
- Be original.
- Be you -- 100 percent authentic. Just sound like you.
- Have fun.
- Ask the tough questions in a respectful manner.
- Honor the listener first.
- Inspire all involved to find and use their inner power to help create a greater life for themselves and others.
- Give people hope.
- Work as a team to do only what we can do well and do well consistently.
- Do the best we can every week, then release it and trust it.
What are some rules you live by in your workplace?