Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Food Critics: Best Sausage In And Around Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Up to Date
Tue October 22, 2013
Reaching For International Gender Equality
Gender equality is a major issue in many parts of the world, and the United Nations is working to promote it.
In the second part of Wednesday's Up to Date, we’ll talk with Kristin Hetle, UN Women's director of strategic partnerships, who has taken experiences from her home country of Norway to help lead a push for international gender equality.
- Kristin Hetle oversees UN Women’s corporate communications, resource mobilization and partnering with civil society. Before joining UN Women she served as director of communications for the Ministry of Labor in Norway. Between 2002 and 2008 she was chief of communications in UNFPA, the United Nations Population Fund and CEO of Media Lion Inc., a company she co-founded. Hetle has anchored a variety of programs in Norwegian Public Radio for almost 20 years.
HEAR MORE: The Mayor's UN Day Dinner takes place at 6:30 p.m. Oct. 23 at the InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza. Tickets are $60. Click here for more details.