Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Up To Date
Tue May 6, 2014
Public Transportation: Trends And Challenges
A new era in public transportation is underway in Kansas City with the construction of the downtown streetcar system, but will the future needs of aging baby boomers and mobile millennials be met?
On Tuesday's Up to Date Steve Kraske looks at the trends and challenges facing those who plan and operate public transport. Joining him are Michael Melaniphy, President of the APTA, and KCATA General Manager, Mark Huffer to discuss the latest innovations, keeping transportation modes affordable, and how cities and regions are planning for the future of public transit.
- Michael Melaniphy is President and CEO of the American Public Transportation Association (APTA).
- Mark Huffer is the General Manager of the Kansas City Area Transportation Authority (KCATA).