Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Wed November 6, 2013
The Pros And Cons of Small-Town Life
The idea of small-town living has long been thought of as the idyllic American Dream. It's a place in our imaginations where everyone waves and smiles at you. A place where everyone knows your name. But what are the realities of small-town life? Is it really all it's cracked up to be?
Host Stephen Steigman looks into Overbrook, Kan., a town 40 minutes southwest of Lawrence. Their motto? "Don't Overlook Overbrook."
Guest: Rick Montgomery, reporter for the Kansas City Star