Most Active Stories
- Hobby Lobby Ruling A Win For Kansas City Construction Company
- The Story Behind Kansas City's House Of Cards
- Neighborhoods In Kansas City's Historic Northeast Move Beyond City Ordinance
- Missouri And Kansas Among Worst States For New Parents
- Johnson County Ranked One Of The 'Easiest' Places To Live In U.S.
Thu June 14, 2012
A Professional Futurist Tells All
Borders Books. Blockbuster Home Movies. These companies share the same mistake; they missed a moment when they were challenged to adapt to a new business landscape. In their places stepped the Amazon Kindle, and Netflix respectively.
For the second half of this Thursday's Central Standard, our guest is global futurist Jack Uldrich, the author of Foresight 2020. He teaches companies how to navigate a future where scientific and technological knowledge is doubling every seven years, how to prepare for competition that doesn’t yet exist, and seize opportunities that are, today, only on the periphery of your imagination.
Here's a list of trends Jack says will transform business in the KC area:
Trend #1: Business analytics/Data Mining
Trend #2: Robotics
Trend #3: 3D Printing/Additive manufacturing
Trend #4: Artificial Intelligence (IBM's Watson supercomputer)
Trend #5: The Internet of Things (Sensors and RFID)
Trend #6: Genomics
Trend #7: Mobile Web Video communication
Trend #8: Gamification
Trend #9: Free, Quality online education
Trend #10: Accelerating change