Most Active Stories
- Missouri Creates Unique Medical Classification: Assistant Physician
- What Would A Sprint, T-Mobile Merger Mean For Kansas City?
- Food Critics: Where To Find The Best Slice Of Pizza In Kansas City
- Food Critics: The Best Happy Hour In Kansas City
- Here's What You Need To Know About KCPS-Academie Lafayette Plan
Thu February 25, 2010
Production of "Madame White Snake" Marks First Opera by UMKC Composer
The thousand-year-old Chinese folk tale, "Madame White Snake," is the story of a white snake demon who longs for love. And there are tragic consequences. It's the subject of the first opera for composer and UMKC Conservatory of Music and Dance professor Zhou Long. In the production, elements of traditional Chinese opera meet the style of the West.
By Laura Spencer
Kansas City, MO –
Beijing Music Festival
Madame White Snake is co-commissioned by Opera Boston and the Beijing Music Festival Arts Foundation in conjunction with Oxford University Press.