Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Marathon Jackson County Spelling Bee Finally Ends
Tue June 11, 2013
The Problem Of Evil
It’s a question as old as humanity itself—why, in a world full of good options, do people still do bad things? Why do people who haven’t done anything wrong end up suffering, while those who use others for their own gain end up succeeding? And for heaven’s sake, how do we explain a Hitler? Or a Stalin? Or Idi Amin? How do we explain evil?
Dr. Susanna Rinard of UMKC’s Philosophy department guides us through some of the logical quandaries we come against when considering a world in which evil is present and guides us through some thinking on why that may not necessarily be an awful thing.
Up to Date