Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Tue March 18, 2014
Primark To Pay $10 Million To Victims Of Bangladesh Factory Collapse
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
NPR's business news starts with payouts in Bangladesh.
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
GREENE: The British clothing retailer Primark says it will pay an additional $10 million to victims of the Rana Plaza factory collapse last year that killed more than 1,100 people.
So far, the company has paid out $2 million in short-term financial support. Survivors and their families will now get payouts that range from $416 to $133,000. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.