Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Thu November 20, 2008
Precious Doe: Judge Follows Jury's Lead, To The Letter
Kansas City, Mo. – The man who killed and decapitated the small girl known for years only as "Precious Doe" is sentenced to life plus 29 years in prison.
Harrel Johnson stood in a Jackson County courtroom in Kansas City as Judge John Torrence called him a textbook sociopath. The circuit court judge told the former boyfriend of the 3 year old girl's mother that he has neither the ability to understand nor to feel pain that others suffer. The child whose name was Erica Green was killed by blows to her head. Her remains were left in a field on Kansas City's near southeast side in 2001. A jury earlier recommended life without parole. Judge Torrence did so. The jury recommended 25 additional years for child abuse and four for child endangerment. The judge so ordered. The 29 year old Johnson told the courtroom he is innocent and misunderstood.