Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Tue August 20, 2013
The Precarious State of Space Exploration And The Sale Of The Washington Post
The Washington Post's Joel Achenbach joins Central Standard to discuss the precarious state of space exploration and the recent purchase of the Post by Jeff Bezos, founder and CEO of Amazon.com.
- Joel Achenbach, staff writer for The Washington Post since 1990, started the newsroom’s first online column, “Rough Draft,” in 1999, and started washingtonpost.com’s first blog, Achenblog, in 2005. He's written extensively on wide raging topics from dinosaurs, particle physics, earthquakes, extraterrestrial life, megafauna extinction and the electrical grid. He now writes for The Post’s national desk, on science and politics.