Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Marathon Jackson County Spelling Bee Finally Ends
Tue August 20, 2013
The Precarious State of Space Exploration And The Sale Of The Washington Post
The Washington Post's Joel Achenbach joins Central Standard to discuss the precarious state of space exploration and the recent purchase of the Post by Jeff Bezos, founder and CEO of Amazon.com.
- Joel Achenbach, staff writer for The Washington Post since 1990, started the newsroom’s first online column, “Rough Draft,” in 1999, and started washingtonpost.com’s first blog, Achenblog, in 2005. He's written extensively on wide raging topics from dinosaurs, particle physics, earthquakes, extraterrestrial life, megafauna extinction and the electrical grid. He now writes for The Post’s national desk, on science and politics.