Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Food Critics: Best Sausage In And Around Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Up to Date
Mon April 1, 2013
Poetry With Caroline Kennedy
Though she’s famous for her family name, Caroline Kennedy has made a name for herself in other ways, too.
Up to Date, we’ll talk with her about her latest book of poetry for children, Poems to Learn by Heart, and why she chose to put some of her personal remembrances in the collection. We'll also ask her about the prospects of her becoming the U.S. ambassador to Japan.
KCUR staff read some of the poems in Poems to Learn by Heart. Here's a selection:
Caroline Kennedy is the editor of eight New York Times bestselling books on American history, politics, constitutional law and poetry, including She Walks in Beauty: A Woman's Journey Through Poems and A Family of Poems. She is the oldest child of former U. S. President John F. Kennedy and Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis.