Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Up to Date
Mon April 1, 2013
Poetry With Caroline Kennedy
Though she’s famous for her family name, Caroline Kennedy has made a name for herself in other ways, too.
Up to Date, we’ll talk with her about her latest book of poetry for children, Poems to Learn by Heart, and why she chose to put some of her personal remembrances in the collection. We'll also ask her about the prospects of her becoming the U.S. ambassador to Japan.
KCUR staff read some of the poems in Poems to Learn by Heart. Here's a selection:
Caroline Kennedy is the editor of eight New York Times bestselling books on American history, politics, constitutional law and poetry, including She Walks in Beauty: A Woman's Journey Through Poems and A Family of Poems. She is the oldest child of former U. S. President John F. Kennedy and Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis.