Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
- KCUR Announces New Host For Daily Talk Show 'Central Standard'
Wed November 4, 2009
Poet Phil Miller Delves into Relationships in New Collection
In 2004, poet and teacher Phil Miller and his wife, Nancy, pulled up roots to move to Pennsylvania. A Kansas native, Miller championed the Kansas City poetry scene for several decades. Miller helped start the Riverfront Reading Series in 1987 and taught creative writing at Kansas City Kansas Community College for almost 30 years.
By Laura Spencer
Kansas City, MO – Phil Miller spoke with KCUR's Laura Spencer about his sixth collection of poetry, "The Casablanca Fan," which explores an ongoing theme: relationships.
Poet Philip Miller performs work from "The Casablanca Fan" on Thursday, November 5, 2009, 8 pm, at Prospero's Books, 1800 West 39th Street, Kansas City, Missouri.
Download recent arts stories or subscribe to the KCUR Arts Podcast