Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Thu January 7, 2010
Plummeting Temperatures Cause Problems
Kansas City, MO – Temperatures are forecast to fall, not rise today in the Kansas City region. Those who venture outside will meet a truly brutal combination of weather conditions.
Winds rose as snowfall tapered off not long after midnight leaving from 3 to 5 inches as a rule. Driving became slick yesterday afternoon and continued through the night. The National Weather Service radio from Pleasant Hill noted 3 am winds gusting into the mid 20 mile per hour range and expected to intensify
National Weather Service Recording: "Wind chill values from 10 to 20 below zero will become widespread during the day and will be even colder Thursday night . This will create a potentially life threatening situation for anyone caught outdoors and unprotected for more than a few minutes"
Drifting will be worse on North-South roads and streets with winds out of the Northwest. At times visibility has been cut to a half mile and less.