Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Tue January 18, 2011
Play Gives Voice to Stories about "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" Policy
It was still government policy to discharge openly gay and lesbian service members from the U.S. military when Kansas City Repertory Theatre scheduled a play about the subject. Called "Another American: Asking and Telling," Marc Wolf's one-man show is compiled from interviews he conducted over a 3-year period.
By Steve Walker
Kansas City, MO – And though President Obama signed the bill repealing the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy in December, KCUR's Steve Walker discovered that the topic may be more relevant than ever.
Kansas City Repertory Theatre presents
"Another American: Asking and Telling"
Jan 14 - Feb 6, 2011
Saturday, Jan 29
Susan LaBombard, Servicemembers Legal Defense Network, and Beth L. Schissel, MD, Former Capt. United States Air Force, talk about "Another American: Asking and Telling" following the 2 PM matinee. Free. Check here for more information about post show discussions.
Download recent arts stories or subscribe to the KCUR Arts Podcast