Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Wed June 27, 2007
Planned Parenthood Cleared by Morrison
By Frank Morris
Kansas City, MO – Kansas Attorney General Paul Morrison has ended an investigation launched by former state Attorney General Phill Kline. Morrison yesterday said the inquiry produced no evidence of wrong doing by at Planned Parenthood clinic in Overland Park. Peter Brownlee, President and CEO of Planned Parenthood of Kansas and Mid-Missouri says he was not surprised to be completely exonerated by Morrison.
Brownlee: From the beginning we have said that this was nothing more than a fishing expedition conducted by a political zealot.
Kline, who was Attorney General of Kansas at the time, obtained medical records of women who had had abortions at the clinic, in an investigation Kline said related to sex crimes against children, as well as illegal abortions.
Kline characterized Morrison's announcement as completely predictable. Later this week Morrison is expected to disclose whether or not he'll bring charges against George Tiller, a Wichita abortion doctor also targeted by Kline.