Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Tue September 14, 2010
Penn Valley Dean Stabbed
Kansas City, MO – Updated at 11:33am September 14, 2010.
An appearance by Missouri Governor Jay Nixon at Penn Valley Community College scheduled for this morning has been canceled following a stabbing there. A dean at Penn Valley was stabbed around 9:30 a.m. Tuesday morning in the Humanities building.
Kansas City Police Captain Rich Lockhart says witnesses report the man was in his twenties and wearing all black.
"They described to us that he seemed to be under the influence of drugs. He was talking nonsensically and his eyes appeared very red and bloodshot. After he walked up and appeared to be unprovoked and stabbed this man in the neck, the witnesses at the scene tackled him and held him until the police officers got there," says Lockhart.
Police have not released the identity of either the attacker or the victim. Lockhart says the suspect is in police custody and will be charged within 24 hours.
Police say the victim was talking to them when they arrived, though his injuries are being described as serious. He was taken to a local hospital. There's no known motive or connection to the Governor's planned event.