Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
- KCUR Announces New Host For Daily Talk Show 'Central Standard'
Wed February 23, 2011
"Pattern ID" Explores Identity in Age of Globalization
At the Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art, in a traveling exhibition called "Pattern ID," fifteen artists from around the world express their cultural identities through pattern and dress.
By Laura Spencer
Kansas City, Mo. – "Pattern ID" encourages viewers to consider their own "Pattern ID," that the clothes we wear, the things we surround ourselves with, are informed by our cultural heritage, and life experiences.
January 28-May 8, 2011
Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art
Download recent arts stories or subscribe to the KCUR Arts Podcast