Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Tue June 16, 2009
Overland Park To Host Soccer Championship
Overland Park, KS – The nation's best youth soccer players will face off in Kansas City's largest suburb.
Overland Park will play host to the 2010 U.S. Youth Soccer National Championship. Games will be held at Overland Park's new $36 million soccer complex that opens to the public this summer.
U.S. Youth Soccer Spokesperson Todd Roby says the complex's new fields placed it at the front the applicant pack.
"The time and consideration that they've put into the building and creation of the park itself - it just looked like it was going to be a win-win for everybody," Roby says.
The championship will bring more than twelve hundred players and their families to Overland Park, putting what Roby estimates to be an extra three million dollars into the local economy.