Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
- KCUR Announces New Host For Daily Talk Show 'Central Standard'
Wed June 28, 2006
Opening Scheduled for Bloch Building
By Laura Spencer
Kansas City, MO – NOTE: New date: June 9, 2007. The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art announced June 16, 2007 is the opening day for the Bloch Building, the Stephen Holl-designed addition. KCUR's Laura Spencer reports.
- - - - -
Flanked by Henry Bloch, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, and about 50 staffers wearing blue t-shirts with the opening date, the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art Director and CEO Marc Wilson today announced the Bloch Building will open on June 16, 2007.
Marc Wilson: without the dedication of people at all levels...this remarkable achievement would not have happened.
The Bloch Building will add 165 thousand square feet to the museum...and the two inaugural exhibitions...include Manet to Matisse: Impressionist Masters from the Marion and Henry Bloch Collection, and Developing Greatness: The Origins of American Photography, 1839-1885, drawn from the Hallmark Photographic Collection acquired in January. Laura Spencer, KCUR News.