Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Mon July 20, 2009
Open Mic at 1809 Troost
Artists Damon Lee Patterson and Monica Janelle Ko Guthridge both live in the building, and organize arts events there.
By Ashly Kissman
Kansas City, MO – Between the bustling new Power and Light District downtown and the historic 18th and Vine district, is 1809 Troost. It's an area of town that's not normally associated with a musical nightlife. But there's a new venue there, which holds an Open Mic every Tuesday and Thursday for all kinds of performers. KC Currents' Ashly Kissman stopped by recently to check out the scene.