Most Active Stories
- LISTEN: How Kansas City Barbecue Became Famous, Explained In 90 Seconds
- How The Royals Chose Between Two Of The Coolest Songs Ever
- Here Are The Prophetic Lyrics To Viral 'Royals' Parody Song
- Listen To The Staff At WYPR In Baltimore Congratulate The Royals
- Four Playoff Teams, One Kansas City Firm: Populous Rules The Ballparks
Up To Date
Wed May 14, 2014
Online University Offers Missourians An Alternate Route To Degrees
Last year, Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon signed a new partnership between the state of Missouri and nationally recognized, non-profit Western Governors University. The idea: help thousands of the 750,000 Missourians with some higher education obtain an affordable college degree. And affordable it is at just under $3,000 a semester.
On Wednesday's Up to Date, Steve Kraske speaks with the Chancellor of WGU Missouri and a graduate of the university to discover what makes this program so attractive to both prospective students and the state of Missouri.
- Angie Bessendorfer is the Chancellor of Western Governors University Missouri.
- Sonya Davis is an MBA graduate of WGU Missouri. She works in the health care field at United Bio Services.
Up to Date