Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Tue January 28, 2014
One Year In, Vine Has Reasons To Celebrate
Originally published on Wed December 3, 2014 8:25 am
Vine, the app that lets users create and share six-second videos, celebrated its first birthday recently. Vine is owned by Twitter and boasts 40 million users, including celebrities and politicians like President Obama.
It’s also created its own celebrities, including Nicolas Megalis whose video Gummy Money has 2.2 million “likes.”
Wall Street Journal reporter Jason Bellini joins Here & Now’s Jeremy Hobson to discuss Vine. He says the app’s popularity is an indication that short-form video is crossing over into the mainstream in a big way — and has potential to raise lots of money.
- A Year on Vine: Vine’s collection of videos in honor of its first anniversary
- Jason Bellini, video reporter and senior producer for the Wall Street Journal. He tweets @jasonbellini.