Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Wed April 4, 2012
Olbermann: 'I Screwed Up,' But Current TV Had Problems
Essentially saying that he should have known better than to go to work for Current TV, Keith Olbermann said Tuesday night that he "screwed up" by taking the job last year.
But while Olbermann said "it's my fault that it didn't succeed," he also figuratively pointed his finger at Current for why things went wrong before he was dismissed last week.
"If you buy a $10 million chandelier you should have a house" to put it in, he told CBS-TV's David Letterman. In that analogy, Olbermann is the chandelier and Current — in his opinion — didn't provide the adequate support (a "house") to make his show work.
So it's one of those mea culpas that you might say is also a youa culpa.