Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Tue May 30, 2006
Olathe Couple Produce NCLR's ALMA Awards
By Delores Jones and Laura Ziegler
Kansas City, MO – It's hot . . . it's fast . . . it's the 8th annual ALMA Awards scheduled to air next Monday . . . June 5th . . . on ABC. The ALMA awards were created by David Chavez of Olathe, Kansas . . . to honor Hispanic artists in film, TV and music. The show is part Oscars, part Emmys, and part Grammys of Latin entertainment. And the buzz around it is loud, especially loud now that Desperate Housewives superstar Eva Longoria has signed on as host.
With us to talk about the Alma Awards are the show's co-producers, David and Sarah Chavez, of Latinpointe.
(Pictured are Eva Longoria and National Council of La Raza president Janet Murguia, of Kansas City Kansas.)