Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Up to Date
Wed July 30, 2014
Obama Discusses Economy During Speech At Uptown
The recession hit more than five years ago, but its effects are still rippling through this country-- and that's what President Obama is here to address. In Wednesday morning's speech, he will be talking to a crowd at the Uptown Theater in Kansas City, Mo., about the economic challenges facing middle-class families and why he has taken executive action on issues such as minimum wage.
Up to Date will provide coverage of the event, with a live feed of the speech and post-speech analysis from local experts.
- Peggy Lowe, reporter for Harvest Public Media
- Robert Rowland, professor and director of graduate studies at the University of Kansas
- Dave Helling, reporter for The Kansas City Star
- Sly James, mayor of Kansas City, Mo.