Most Active Stories
- The Story Behind The Giant Fiberglass Penguin At Kansas City's Penguin Park
- FBI And State Auditor Investigating St. Joseph School District
- St. Joseph School District Braces For Fallout In Wake Of Federal Investigation
- Missouri’s E-Cigarette Veto Override May Lead To Showdown With FDA
- The Types Of Things Lurking Underground In Kansas City's Caves
Tue April 22, 2014
No Recommendation Yet From Airport Citizens Task Force
A slew of remaining questions prevented the KCI Terminal Advisory Group from making its official recommendation Tuesday morning.
The group, which was created by Mayor Sly James, is expected to make a recommendation to the City Council on one of three plans for the future of the Kansas City International Airport.
Many group members voiced their concerns over remaining unknowns at Tuesday's meeting at City Hall. An hour into the meeting, co-chair Bob Berkebile announced the group would need more time to answer questions and reach a consensus.
The three likely options for the airport include renovations of the current horseshoe design, renovations of the current design with the construction of a central connecting building, or construction of a new terminal.
The group will reconvene May 7.