Most Active Stories
- Portraits And Party Scenes From Kansas City's Drag Ball Culture Revealed
- Blue Valley High Lost A 'Star In The Making'
- Music In The '90s: Was There A 'KC Sound'?
- Preschool Trauma Program In Kansas City Getting National Attention
- Kansas City Grocer's Hand-Painted Signs Are A Lost Art In The Modern Age
Mon January 24, 2011
Night Club Raid Has Lingering Effects on Westside
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Three months ago, a police raid on a popular club on the Westside sent reverberations through the community that are still being felt today. Many people in the neighborhood had concerns about Club Oasis, on Southwest Boulevard, because of frequent violence and shootings during Sunday night parties there. But some think the way the police raided the place may have caused even more problems.
Mandy Oaklander wrote about the situation in a story in this week's Pitch: When Club Oasis went down, it took the West Side's hard-earned trust with it.