Most Active Stories
- Missouri Creates Unique Medical Classification: Assistant Physician
- What Would A Sprint, T-Mobile Merger Mean For Kansas City?
- Food Critics: Where To Find The Best Slice Of Pizza In Kansas City
- Food Critics: The Best Happy Hour In Kansas City
- Here's What You Need To Know About KCPS-Academie Lafayette Plan
Tue October 6, 2009
New Season of "Craft in America" includes Kansas City
According to Carol Sauvion, the creator and co-executive producer of the award-winning PBS series, "Craft in America," the crafting climate - from pottery to beadworking to blacksmithing - is stronger than ever.
By Laura Spencer
Kansas City, MO – Season two of the series "Craft in America" premieres October 7, 2009 on PBS stations (check KCPT and KTWU for listings). It includes a visit to the Kansas City Art Institute's ceramics department.
KCUR's Laura Spencer talked to Sauvion - between preview screenings in Santa Fe - about the project's origins.
October 7, 2009
7:00 pm: "Craft In America : Origins"
8:00 pm: "Craft In America : Process" (includes Kansas City Art Institute)
Check here for a preview of the new season of "Craft in America" on PBS.
Download recent arts stories or subscribe to the KCUR Arts Podcast