Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
- KCUR Announces New Host For Daily Talk Show 'Central Standard'
Tue October 6, 2009
New Season of "Craft in America" includes Kansas City
According to Carol Sauvion, the creator and co-executive producer of the award-winning PBS series, "Craft in America," the crafting climate - from pottery to beadworking to blacksmithing - is stronger than ever.
By Laura Spencer
Kansas City, MO – Season two of the series "Craft in America" premieres October 7, 2009 on PBS stations (check KCPT and KTWU for listings). It includes a visit to the Kansas City Art Institute's ceramics department.
KCUR's Laura Spencer talked to Sauvion - between preview screenings in Santa Fe - about the project's origins.
October 7, 2009
7:00 pm: "Craft In America : Origins"
8:00 pm: "Craft In America : Process" (includes Kansas City Art Institute)
Check here for a preview of the new season of "Craft in America" on PBS.
Download recent arts stories or subscribe to the KCUR Arts Podcast