Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Food Critics: Best Sausage In And Around Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Mon October 17, 2011
New KC Police Chief Defines Change
By Dan Verbeck
Kansas City, MO. – Mass changes are underway inside the Kansas City Police Department. All but a half dozen top commanders have been reassigned in a reorganization that includes demotion of two deputy chiefs to different administrative jobs.
There is a new face to the way the department does business. The changes come at direction of the new police chief.
Darryl Forte was sworn in five days ago after an extensive candidate search by the Board of Police Commissioners.
KCUR's Dan Verbeck first knew Chief Forte as a homicide investigator. He met with the new chief to learn the scope of changes. Here is that conversation.