Most Active Stories
- Missouri Creates Unique Medical Classification: Assistant Physician
- What Would A Sprint, T-Mobile Merger Mean For Kansas City?
- Food Critics: Where To Find The Best Slice Of Pizza In Kansas City
- Food Critics: The Best Happy Hour In Kansas City
- Here's What You Need To Know About KCPS-Academie Lafayette Plan
Wed February 16, 2011
New Charges in Waldo Attacks
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – A man already charged with a series of Kansas City rapes in the 1980's has been charged with two, more-recent attacks on women.
Twenty two counts including kidnapping, forcible rape and sodomy are charged against 53 year old Bernard Jackson. Police say boot tracks in the yard of a victim matched soles of boots found in Jackson's work locker.
And there is dna evidence detectives say narrows the match to one per 97 million people.
There are still three unsolved rapes police were investigating from the Waldo District and nearby from the 2009-10 period. Jackson county Prosecutor Jim Kanatzer says-- "I hope that today's charges, in addition to the cold cases that were filed back in May, will dissipate the fears that plagued the residents of our city."
The attacks in today's charges happened in September of 09 and January of last year, near 75th and Summit and in the 8300 block of Mercier.
Jackson remains jailed awaiting trial on the original charges on crimes against women from 1983 and 1984.