Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Mon July 9, 2007
New American Jazz Museum Director
The new executive director of the American Jazz Museum settled in to his office last week. Greg Carroll is a percussionist and a longtime jazz educator who most recently served as director of education for the International Association for Jazz Education, one of world's premier jazz organizations.
By Lee Ingalls
Kansas City, MO – Greg Carroll sat down with KCUR's Lee Ingalls in his new office last week to talk about his new gig and what lies ahead for the American Jazz Museum. Carroll says he was first inspired to play the vibes as a young man growing up in Denver, when he heard legendary vibraphonist Lionel Hampton on the radio playing this song: Air Mail Special.
KCUR's Sylvia Maria Gross followed up with a conversation on cultural tourism and the 18th and Vine district with Anita Dixon of the Cultural Convention and Visitors Services.