Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Tue December 23, 2008
Negro Leagues Baseball Museum Names New Director
Kansas City, MO – Last week, the board of the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum announced that city official Greg Baker would be the new executive director. He was chosen by a narrow margin, over the museum's long-time marketing director, Bob Kendrick. As a result, some museum board members resigned in protest, including well known community leader Mamie Hughes. Some are concerned that Baker won't support Buck O'Neil's plan for a 15 million dollar research and education center. Greg Baker came by our studios this week, and told KCUR's Susan Wilson about his new role, and his vision for the museum.