Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Contentious Views Dominate Female Bishop's Tenure
- Food Critics: Best Sausage In And Around Kansas City
Mon March 28, 2011
Nedra Bonds Teaches Quilting as Personal Expression
Kansas City Kansas native Nedra Bonds makes quilts that reflect social and political themes, using vibrant color, rich texture and contemporary three-dimensional elements.
By Susan B. Wilson
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Nedra Bonds says that she uses images, patterns and color to capture ideas that are hard to express in words. And she teaches others to do it too.
KCUR's Susan B. Wilson stopped by a recent quilting workshop facilitated by Bonds and sponsored by the UMKC Women's Center, and talked to Bonds about how she became a quilt artist.
Nedra Bonds' next workshop is on April 9, 2011. Find more information here.