Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Thu March 27, 2003
Ned Rorem's cello concerto premieres in Kansas City
The Kansas City Symphony presents a world premiere by the New York based composer Ned Rorem.
By Laura Spencer
Kansas City, MO – Rorem has been described as the world?s best composer of art songs?he?s also one of the most prolific. Ned Rorem's body of work includes three symphonies, four piano concertos, orchestral works, nine operas, and hundreds of songs and cycles. He?s also written sixteen books, including five volumes of diaries. Rorem turns 80 this year?and many of his works will be performed throughout the year in celebration of his long career. KCUR?s Laura Spencer reports.
Cellist David Geringas will be featured in Ned Rorem's cello concerto on Friday, March 28 and Saturday, March 29 at 8 PM at the Lyric, 11th and Central and Sunday, March 30 at 2 PM at Yardley Hall at Johnson County Community College.