Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Marathon Jackson County Spelling Bee Finally Ends
Thu March 27, 2003
Ned Rorem's cello concerto premieres in Kansas City
The Kansas City Symphony presents a world premiere by the New York based composer Ned Rorem.
By Laura Spencer
Kansas City, MO – Rorem has been described as the world?s best composer of art songs?he?s also one of the most prolific. Ned Rorem's body of work includes three symphonies, four piano concertos, orchestral works, nine operas, and hundreds of songs and cycles. He?s also written sixteen books, including five volumes of diaries. Rorem turns 80 this year?and many of his works will be performed throughout the year in celebration of his long career. KCUR?s Laura Spencer reports.
Cellist David Geringas will be featured in Ned Rorem's cello concerto on Friday, March 28 and Saturday, March 29 at 8 PM at the Lyric, 11th and Central and Sunday, March 30 at 2 PM at Yardley Hall at Johnson County Community College.