Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
- Marathon Jackson County Spelling Bee Finally Ends
Thu May 5, 2011
Musicals Featuring The Who, Pink Floyd, and Bon Jovi
Since Jerry Lee Lewis first kicked over a piano stool, rock and roll has been about theater. But it wasn't until "Hair" in 1967 that rock and roll and theater really blended into one genre.
By Steve Walker
Kansas City, Mo. – This month, on three Kansas City stages, sound crews are turning up the amps for musicals that feature music from The Who, Pink Floyd, and '80s bands such as Journey and Bon Jovi.
Rock of Ages, May 3-8, 2011, Music Hall, 301 W. 13th St., KCMO
A Tribute to Pink Floyd's The Wall, April 29 - May 9, The Living Room, 1818 McGee, KCMO
The Who's TOMMY, May 19-June 5, Metropolitan Ensemble Theatre, 3614 Main, KCMO.
Download recent arts stories or subscribe to the KCUR Arts Podcast