Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Tue October 20, 2009
Murder Conviction In South Kansas City Nightclub Slaying
Kansas City, MO – A Jackson County Circuit Court jury has convicted a man of first degree murder in a wild shooting spree inside a South Kansas City nightclub close to Highway 71.
27-year-old Sylvester Sisco II of Raytown faces a life prison term on his conviction in the murder of Jacon Briggs inside the Filling Station club.
It happened after closing time at the dance club only a few blocks from the South Patrol Police Station.
Sisco is also convicted of assault in the wounding and beating of another man who survived. Sisco's brother was convicted earlier in the shootings and is in prison on a federal drug conviction.
A security camera captured the shooting inside the club, although the clearest image was that of the brother, Anthony Sisco.