Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Tue April 17, 2012
There’s a lot asked of our teachers today - and here’s another thing to add to that list - the ability to recognize and teach to a student’s cultural background.
On this Tuesday's Central Standard, we’re joined by Dr. Geneva Gay, an expert in multicultural education. Dr. Gay was the featured speaker earlier this month at UMKC’s Urban Education and Community Forum, which drew a record number of attendants. Perhaps her most interesting view is her belief that caring for students is a pedagogical necessity in a school system that’s grown increasingly diverse, and her ideas of how to recognize different communication styles depending on cultural backgrounds.
Future Of KC Schools
Kansas City Public Schools