Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Tue April 17, 2012
There’s a lot asked of our teachers today - and here’s another thing to add to that list - the ability to recognize and teach to a student’s cultural background.
On this Tuesday's Central Standard, we’re joined by Dr. Geneva Gay, an expert in multicultural education. Dr. Gay was the featured speaker earlier this month at UMKC’s Urban Education and Community Forum, which drew a record number of attendants. Perhaps her most interesting view is her belief that caring for students is a pedagogical necessity in a school system that’s grown increasingly diverse, and her ideas of how to recognize different communication styles depending on cultural backgrounds.
Future Of KC Schools
Kansas City Public Schools